Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Lets Revaluate this Whole Thing.

I decided to actually buy two CD's yesterday before heading up to Chapel Hill to see Copeland (Amazing show by the way, Copeland is ridiculously talented and just marvelous.)

Portugal. the Man's CD "Censored Colors" :
1. Lay Me Back Down
2. Colors
3. And I
4. Salt
5. Created
6. Out And In And In And Out
7. Intermission
8. New Orleans
9. Never Pleased
10. Sit Back And Dream
11. Hard Times
12. Our Times
13. All Mine
14. 1989
15. Our Way

So Far I have enjoyed the album, but I feel like I'm dealing with The Fall of Troy's "Manipulator" Album again. I'm liking this album a lot quicker than "Manipulator" so I'm no too worried. However, Portugal. the Man has executed this new sound rather pleasantly, and trust that unlike many bands, Portgual. the Man is talented and creative enough to hit the ground running with an entirely new sound compared to "Church Mouth". It's 53:11 pack of wholesome Alaskan goodness, ha. I highly advise you listen to it, if not buy it and treat your ears.
( Suggested Tracks: 2, 3, 5, 14, )
____________

second of all, I purchased Copeland's Deluxe album set
at best buy with a DVD and other nifty things.
1. Should You Return
2. The Grey Man
3. Chin Up
4. Good Morning Fire Eater
5. To Be Happy Now
6. The Day I Lost My Voice (The Suitcase Song)
7. On The Safest Ledge
8. Not Allowed
9. Strange and Unprepared
10. What Do I Know?
11. Not So Tough Found Out

Excellent. Aaron Marsh, once again takes my breath away... that man can evoke so much emotion from hearing him sing. I HIGHLY suggest you purchase this album; it's very much like their second full-length "In Motion" and their third full-length "Eat. Sleep. Repeat." It's strong, beautiful and it's one of those albums where you can listen to each and every track with no worries of memorizing the track you like, you'll love it from the outside of the case to the fluorescent yellow and red colors thrown onto the CD. ( Suggested Tracks: 3, 4, 7, 9 ... honestly, the entire album.)
______________

Anyway, I've still been able to stay off myspace and facebook. Why I'm exactly doing this, I have no idea. I never know why I do things, or I do and I just hide it from myself that well.

I pulled an all nighter from the Copeland show and how I am still conscious stumps me... I'm actually thriving with energy because I just started transferring CD (the little that I have) to my itunes and putting album work on them... ha. I'm also screwing around with this new program for itunes called "genius" BRILLIANT IDEA. I grew so tired of making my "not so random" playlist. I've already made 2 playlist and the program owns up to all the hype it recieves.

Speaking about itunes, I'm trying very hard not to destroy my mac with Limewire or any other shareware music program, it's so hard... I find at least 5 songs the minimal EVERYDAY I want to download... but I can't. BUT, the thing about charlotte I don't have as much time to randomly spend my money like I did in Fayetteville. My money goes strictly to food and rent, the remaining hundreds go to music. Vinyls, shirts, shows, and CD's. So, I feel I'm spending my money rather wisely now, haha.

I guess, this is what I was missing. Just some good music, some good shows, some good CD's. It's been a great year (for music that is), there just has been album after album. (underOATH, Portugal. the Man, Fear Before, Opeth, Copeland, All Shall Perish, Conor Oberst, and more...) Now can someone inform Daryl Palumbo of this trend? :)

No comments: